Monday, April 14, 2008

Just Some Scribblings

So how's this for consistency? It's only been about 3 weeks since my first entry. Fuck it. I'm not being paid to do this . . . in money anyway. But in other intangible tenders? That remains to be seen. But knowing the intangibles can turn into tangibles alone should be enough to motivate me into moving forward with this.

The concept of liberty has been on my mind as of late. And just how little or how much we actually have in this country. I read a lot about injustice and what is being done to combat it. I read a lot about how things are digressing here . . . and it depresses me. I try and stay away from reading and commenting on these things as they are not good for my blood pressure . . . but I find it difficult to remain oblivious and silent to what is going on around me. I almost wish for the this wonderful interthingy to go away. But it can't. The genie is out of the bottle and forever it's power is among us. Hopefully the power pertaining to good will outweigh it's potential for evils. The balance must be maintained. As with all things. I must hope that the checks and balances, in their natural order, are out there. Self-policing the whirlwind of opinion that makes up the web. A vast wasteland? To be certain. But even a desert has it's stark beauty.

Something has changed within me and my way of thinking. It is good. I can feel it coursing through my veins as if it were fine vintage warming me throughout. It is not intoxicating, however, it is helping me see things with more clarity. My journey continues and is all the more exciting as I contemplate my philosophies. I have been able to be truly me, for better or for worse in the last few years. No longer clinging to the branch in the stream that kept me from going toward the torrent of free thought. No longer content to be . . . content. The rebel that lay dormant for so long hath been awakened. For I see with my own eyes, uncluttered by the fantasy of what others would have me believe. My life was full of the life of others. Their opinions. Their beliefs. Their mental impoverishments . . . and wisdom. the latter I take with me on my continuance of this life. The chaff I leave behind to enrich those who would be so by it.

I love liberty.

No comments: